Making candles at home is definitely a fulfilling and rewarding task. Candles are a perfect choice for variety of occasions like birthdays, wedding anniversaries, festivals etc. They are the best home décor items that anybody can use at home. They can instantly brighten up any space. In fact, it makes any space look lovely and soothing. Buying candles is something that anybody can do if they have money. However, if you really want to have some fun, then try making the scented candles at home.
Make these scented candles and gift them to loved ones on Christmas, and they will definitely love your idea. You can also use them as a perfect valentine’s gift. These candles are easier to make, and they don’t require much time for preparation. All you need for candle’s preparation are –
- One Spatula
- Candle making soy wax
- Candle wicks
- Fragrance Oil
- Glass Thermometer
- Heat Proof Container
- Double Boiler
- Pencils or Chopsticks
- Favourite Colour (Optional)
Buying them separately can cost you more. Moreover, when you buy them separately you might forget to buy some of them. There are plenty of stores online, which offer candle making kits. You can pick the best candle making kit from them, to prepare some lovely scented candles. Aussie Candle Supplies sell the candle making kits with instructions, which makes your job much easy. Visit their site online to place your order right away.
How to prepare the scented candles at your home?
- The first and foremost thing that you have to do is measuring the wax. Clean the area where you want to prepare the candles, and cover that area with a cloth or a piece of paper. By doing this you can protect that area from wax. Take the help of your container to find out how much wax you would require. Take twice the quantity of your wax container and melt it.
- Once you are done with measuring the wax, the next step is melting it in the boiler. Melt the wax in the double boiler for about 10mins. Make sure that you stir it frequently during this process.
- Once the melted wax is ready, its time to add your favourite fragrance oil. Add the colour as well. You can ignore this step if you don’t want to add fragrance and colour.
- Now you have to attach the wick to the bottom of the container properly. You can simply attach the wick to the bottom of the container by taking the help of the melted wax. Dip the wick slightly in the wax and take it out. Now stick the wick to the bottom of the container. Leave it for 5mins after doing this.
- Pour the melted wax into the container now. Leave it for a few minutes. When the temperature of the melted wax is 140 degrees, pour it into the container. Use the glass thermometer to find out the temperature.
- Secure the wick by holding it with your hand or by placing two chopsticks on both sides above the container. Your candles will be ready to use post 4hours.
- If you feel that the wax is not enough in the container, heat the wax and pour it into the container.
- Cut the wick properly, if it is too long. You can use them once the wax gets hardened.
Start preparing your candles at home today!